Monday, January 18, 2016

Cold Showers

 The world is a huge place and I feel so honored by the opportunity to return to someplace so far away. We spent over 27 hours traveling and we’re not even at our final destination. Right now I’m just sitting here in awe of the fact that two days ago I was in Victoria, BC and now I’m half an hour from Lake Victoria. 

I had forgotten about so much of this country’s beauty.

Red dirt, vibrant green, birds squawking at 6am, cold showers.

I want to instantly remember everything I knew when I left this country two years ago but, unfortunately, my memory isn’t quite that good.

I’m going to have to spend the next couple months relearning basic phrases and remembering to slow down.

This stuff makes me feel so alive. Which is weird because it’s actually really exhausting. My brain can’t categorize the things I’m seeing, smelling, hearing, and feeling. It’s great…. But did I mention exhausting?


So here’s to six months of learning. Six months of new experiences. Six months of red dirt, vibrant green, birds squawking at 6am and cold showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment