Sunday, March 20, 2016

I Lived


As we headed home from a weekend full of adventures the song I Lived by OneRepublic came on my phone. I’ve never really listened to that song before but in that moment the lyrics felt so true.

I swear I lived. 35 hours of bumpy, sweaty, crowded bus rides but I swear I lived.

Standing underneath a waterfall with the water pelting our backs.
Watching the red sun as it set behind a hill covered in matooke trees with a perfect breeze warming us as we stood in an abandoned quarry.
Crunching down on a handful of freshly roasted coffee beans.

With every broken bone, I swear I lived.

It doesn’t matter that my back was aching by the time we made it back home. It doesn’t matter that we spent more than we could really afford. It doesn’t matter that we used up our vacation days. It doesn’t matter that we might all have parasites from the water (what is medicine for anyways?).


At least we lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment