Sunday, January 5, 2020

2019 *A Year in Review*

I can’t believe 2019 is over.

Started this year in Texas with no plans. Created an elaborate plan to move to Alaska, Graves Disease hit and somehow I ended up in Chilliwack surrounded by mountains and friends and even a little family!

I think that might over-simplify the crazy year this has been. My emotions were all over the place, I don’t know that I’ve ever cried so much in one year but so many of those tears were tears of joy. I felt the support of community, even brand-new community, through the hard days. Had friends push me to do hard and beautiful things and watched at least 8 sunrises from peaks. This is a year in which I learned so much about myself and faith. Every hard thing that happened brought me closer to the wonderful things that happened this year and I don’t know that I have ever been lead so clearly in my life. Sure, I’m ending 2019 still a little confused and unsure, but where’s the fun without those feelings?

Maybe 2020 will be better, maybe it will be the same, maybe it will be even harder, all I know is that I’m heading into 2020 with a little more knowledge, a little more life experience, and surrounded by some really fantastic people. Goals and resolutions aren’t coming to mind quickly this year. I guess I’m just hoping to bear witness to more beautiful people living their lives and more beautiful nature. Cheers to a year filled with more adventures, peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment