Friday, February 7, 2014

The Disposable Camera Challenge


 The Challenge:
1. Avoid using my digital camera.
2. Stop posting photos on fb/twitter.
3. Use only disposable/film cameras for 365 days.
4. Do not develop any film until the end of the year.

The Reasons:
1. I really have no reason to share photos of my life… other than to make my life look great, which is clearly a terrible reason for me to be sharing photos.
2. I love photography but it looses it appeal when other people’s opinions matter.
3. How fun would it be to end the year with a years worth of photos that you’ve never seen?!
4. My camera just happened to break a few months ago and I don’t really want to get a new camera until I can get an upgrade :)
5. I’ve got a memory (and the internet) so I want to avoid Eiffel-tower-syndrome and stick to taking photos of experiences that mean something to me. (I don’t actually know if Eiffel-tower-syndrome is a thing, but chya know the whole tourist walking down the street with a camera in front of their face the entire time thing.)

The Motivation:
A really stimulating conversation with a friend... I can't actually remember exactly what we said, I just know it was a great conversation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment