Sunday, February 28, 2010

Garage Sale

Hmmmm.... I have nothing to say.

There are so many ideas that have gone through my head in the past couple I days I don't know which one to choose... I could write about history, prayer, complacency or one of the billion other semi-deep things I've though about but instead I'm going to write a list.

Over the past couple weeks my youth group organized and held a garage sale to raise money for World Vision.
With four main people we managed to raise $703 in one day... so I figured I should probably figure out what we did so maybe we can pull it all together again next year :). This is where the list part of this blog comes in. Here's a list of everything I need to remember next year:

1. Remember to plan ahead!
2. Make sure the church is actually free the day you plan to have the garage sale. (This year we made the mistake of scheduling before checking the calendar for other events and had to reschedule.)
3. Make announcements and have them put in the church bulletin and other places.
4. Make sure there is one place set aside where people can drop things off.
5. Advertise... Craig's list :)
6. Prepare to spend at least 3 hours the evening before organizing stuff.
7. Make signs beforehand so they can be dropped off the morning of the garage sale.
8. Make sure you have change.
9. Be prepared for things to not go as planned... but hey, whatever works.
10. yeah, overprice... cause people are going to want to pay less.
11. This is the worst blog ever... but it's really just so I remember all this stuff if I ever plan a garage sale again :)
12. Make sure you have enough tables.


All that stuff was really obvious, oh well :) I wrote a blog and that's all I had to do!

That's all I've got, <3 Paisleybokeh

No comments:

Post a Comment