Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blog World... a.k.a. Strangeland

Blogging. Blogging is fun, I'm not sure why, but there's something about it.
I rarely write journals and I never write stories, but for some reason blogging is different. It's not that masses of people are going to read this and be deeply moved by it. I might have a few family members who are going to read what I write, but that's it. It's not that I have so much more to say, in fact the idea that other people might read this actually limits what I can say. Any anecdote I might write down about family should be edited, not that it would be, in order to keep from offending anyone. This would also apply to friends if I felt the need to share that I have a blog with them. So, if I can't blog about family and I can't blog about friends, what's left? Honestly, with my life, not much is left. That's why I continue to wonder why blogging is so wonderful.

Maybe it's the idea that someone, somewhere could one day run across this blog and find what they're looking for. This is highly unlikely because so far I've only put up two pictures.

Could it possibly be that being able to say "I have a blog, you should check it out." makes people feel good? Nope, not me at least. If I was my own friend I would be probably be laughing at myself right now. I mean really, how absurd is it to write down whatever I want to and put it on the internet? Who cares?

What makes blogging so inviting? What about blogging makes me want to write things that I would never sit down and write otherwise? I have established that nothing about blogging makes it different. So why am I sitting here? Why am I typing? Why am I about to click the 'post' button?

2 comments:

  1. Because you're awesome and you want to be just like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly why blogging is awesome. why didn't I figure that out?

    ReplyDelete